It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Certified Management
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:16 pm 
Kona Kastoff

New Daddy wrote:
Update?
Be patient. All I can tell you now is they are screwed big time. I will post the update as soon as I am allowed to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:49 am 
Kona Kastoff

John S. Rabi wrote:
New Daddy wrote:
Update?
Be patient. All I can tell you now is they are screwed big time. I will post the update as soon as I am allowed to do so.
Well, it has been a tough month for this company, according to my attorney they have lost 10 accounts, including the one where I live! (I kept bugging our BOD to get rid of them 10 years ago!) In addition, the Hawaii Civil Rights commission is investigating the company for discrimination, and violation of the American Disability Act. Several employees left the company, but no surprise there, rats are always the first to bail from a sinking ship. If you think that's all, stay tuned for more updates, there are things I can't talk about yet. :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:22 pm 
Malihini

Three of your rats joined the management company managing our condo association. The funny thing is we fired Associa Hawaii last year and now the same people are with our new management company. What's even funnier, the company wanted to assign the same rat to us who was our account manager with Associa Hawaii. We said thank you but no thank you! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:50 am 
Da Kine

You guys realize that you have to exterminate rats right?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:09 pm 
Malihini

Just read all the really BAD reviews of Associa Hawaii on Yelp. Can't believe that they are still in business. Sounds like they won't be for long, according to John.

Makes me even more glad that our HOA is self-managed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:12 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Babette wrote:
Just read all the really BAD reviews of Associa Hawaii on Yelp. Can't believe that they are still in business. Sounds like they won't be for long, according to John. Makes me even more glad that our HOA is self-managed.
We are self-managed at one of the condos I am associated with too. The problem at most associations is that the Board of Directors are not knowledgeable enough to manage the HOA by themselves. Unfortunately, they usually are not knowledgeable enough to realize how bad their management company is either, so these bad apples can survive. Certified Management/Associa is the most inept management company I ever had to deal with, and I am not done with them yet either! :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:58 pm 
Malihini

Babette wrote:
Just read all the really BAD reviews of Associa Hawaii on Yelp. Can't believe that they are still in business. Sounds like they won't be for long, according to John. Makes me even more glad that our HOA is self-managed.
Whoa! I just read those reviews too. One would wonder how a bad company like Associa Hawaii can survive. I assume they are too big to fail completely. It seems they are based in Texas, with offices in other states. I am glad we got rid of them last year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 am 
Da Kine

I rented a condo managed by them once. I didn't have any problems and were actually very concerned when my younger child got sick. We didn't tell them until after we got him treatment (through the ER), but they were we quite obliging that if we need follow up care to call them and they would help with finding providers.

From the perspective of an absentee landlord, most probably don't know what they are doing. As long as everything looks good during the two weeks a year you use your condo - its good to go.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:44 pm 
Kona Kastoff

New Daddy wrote:
I rented a condo managed by them once. I didn't have any problems and were actually very concerned when my younger child got sick. We didn't tell them until after we got him treatment (through the ER), but they were we quite obliging that if we need follow up care to call them and they would help with finding providers.

From the perspective of an absentee landlord, most probably don't know what they are doing. As long as everything looks good during the two weeks a year you use your condo - its good to go.
I think you are confused, they do not manage/rent individual properties, they are a home owner association management company, they manage subdivisions (HOA) and condo complexes (AOAO).

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2