It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: I'm Heading Back - SOLO
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:04 pm 
Malihini

For the past few years I've had a strange desire to visit the Big Island by myself (no husband, no son, no friend, just me). Well I'm excited to announce that this will actually be happening. In March I will make my first solo trip. I bought my plane ticket, reserved a condo at Hale Kona Kai, and rented a car. I'm flying American Airlines, which is also a first for me (we always fly Hawaiian), but American had a much better price and they also fly non-stop between Phoenix and Kona. I have a few ideas of things I want to do, but the whole trip is pretty much up in the air. I'm free to do what I want, when I want. I'm so excited. I can't wait to get back there!

Post subject: Re: I'm Heading Back - SOLO
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:24 pm 
Kona Kastoff

Kekepania wrote:
For the past few years I've had a strange desire to visit the Big Island by myself (no husband, no son, no friend, just me). Well I'm excited to announce that this will actually be happening. In March I will make my first solo trip. I bought my plane ticket, reserved a condo at Hale Kona Kai, and rented a car. I'm flying American Airlines, which is also a first for me (we always fly Hawaiian), but American had a much better price and they also fly non-stop between Phoenix and Kona. I have a few ideas of things I want to do, but the whole trip is pretty much up in the air. I'm free to do what I want, when I want. I'm so excited. I can't wait to get back there!
Smart move, and it actually can help improving your mind set. My wife and I have been taking solo vacations fairly regularly for years. I'm sure you will enjoy your time!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:19 am 
Da Kine

Be sure to watch 50 First Dates before you go.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Not knowing the type of stuff you like to do I can only suggest doing things that interest me.

I am fascinated with the Hawaiian culture so I would explore every aspect of the culture I could find within your time frame. Also, I prefer quiet times alone near the ocean with some good reading material. I would pick two places such as one on a beach that does not have many people. And I would choose something close to the water at one of the resorts later in the afternoon or early evening so I can get bombed, eat, get more bombed then and walk back to wherever I am staying. Just my preference.

Also, I have been known to drive an hour to eat somewhere that interests me. Like Hawaiian Style for breakfast up in Waimea or someplace similar. I also would do a little fishing and if my knees were holding out maybe some easy hikes.

Being alone and close to the water or where it is dead quiet along a trail somewhere is what I would do. Oh, I would love to learn to play the ukulele but maybe you want to take some hula lessons?

Let us know what you decide to do....

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:24 pm 
Keiki

Kekepania wrote:
Don't do any of the stuff you have been doing with your family at previous visits. Eat at restaurants you have not visited yet. Do new things. Like get drunk with me! :drunken:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:44 pm 
Kona Kastoff

You see Dave? I've suggested to you many times, make Konaforum a dating web site! There would be much more traffic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:25 am 
Site Admin

John S. Rabi wrote:
You see Dave? I've suggested to you many times, make Konaforum a dating web site! There would be much more traffic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OY!!! Just what I need, more people telling me their personal information. :shock:

Dave Brilliant
Proudly Serving Both Oahu and the Big Island!!!
Kona Ka'u Realty
75-143 Hualalai Road, B-205
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740

Da Kine Web Design
Pohue Bay
Kona Forum
Koko Head Shooting Complex

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:29 pm 
Malihini

I would never take a vacation without my wife, but maybe that's why we are a boring couple. :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:23 pm 
Malihini

Your biggest challenge will be to 'disconnect' from the family while here in Hawaii. Enjoy your vacation.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:44 am 
Malihini

My opinion: the best thing to trvael alone. I visited Big Island 5 times alone. (I have frieends there, but I was FREE to do what I wanted). I agree with Dave, near to the ocean, quiet places, good books, and walking in the town, gazing people.. etc.
Enoy your vacation to da best :)
:drunken:

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]